Thursday, April 17, 2008

God's Rebekah for Isaac

As I sought the Lord 4 days ago regarding His mate for my life, My heart was really burdened as I had to overcome the pain of being rejected and my fears that its my own wishful thinking again. This time its different. very very different. God spoke thru my QT from Genesis 24. It spoke instantly to what was happening in my life and encouraged me to pursue again. To me, Isaac was not actively seeking for a mate (like me, I wasn't actively seeking) but Abraham (God) is concerned about his son (ronald) so he sent his chief servant (Bataa brother) to search a wife for his son. And as the story goes the chief servant completed his task after a series of events and brought "Rebekah" back to his master and to Isaac. One thing that struck me was Rebekah's initiative and active involvement in the whole story. When she asked me that she needs to know my expectation to our relationship? I told God i needed time to seek Him and allow Him to show and direct. I do not want to rush into relationship unless God leads me to. This relationship must be one that is directed to God and will be a blessing to others around us (families of both sides, people we lead and minister). Lord teach me to learn to love you as my top priority so that i can have the capacity to love, accept and cherish her the way you want me to. In Jesus name I surrender this relationship and where You will direct us into your hands I pray. Amen.

No comments: